HRH Etsu Nupe of Nupe Dynasty
Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar
International Leadership Awards
Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, was born in Bida, Niger State and he is married with children.
He is a man of learned knowledge, who started his education in 1957 at Bida East Primary School and Sabon Gida Primary School. He proceeded to Government College Sokoto for his Secondary School education which he later completed in Kano Community Commercial College. In June 1973 he joined the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for Officer Cadet Training with Course 14th Regular and got commissioned into the Nigerian Army with the rank of 2nd Lieutenant on the 13th of December, 1975.
Having been posted to the Armoured Corps of the Nigerian Army on commission, he attended several professional courses both within and outside Nigeria. He also held various appointments at Command, staff and instructional levels in the Nigerian Army. His education also consists of completing many courses in the Civil and Military field from 1965-2003.
He has a vast portfolio of work experience such as:
• General Staff Officer Grade 3 Training, HQ 21 Armoured Brigade
• ADC to GOC 4 Infantry Division, Nigeria Army
• Senior Instructor Tactics, Armoured Corps Centre & School
• Chairman, National Mosque Mgt. Committee.
• Chancellor, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
• Chairman, Coordinating Committee, National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria
• Chancellor, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State.
• Chancellor, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife, Osun State.
Mr. Abubakar received many awards and medals for his services which consists of some of the following:
• [Commander of the Federal Republic [CFR]
• Defence Service Star [DSS]
• Meritorious Service Star [MSS]
• Forces Service Star [FSS]
• ECOMOG Service Medal
• Command & Staff College [PSC]
• Fellowship of National Defence College [NDC] EGYPT
• National Award – Commander of the Federal Republic
Since Sept. 11th 2003 he’s held the position of the Etsu Nupe and Chairman, Niger State Council of Traditional Rulers.