Dr Marlyn Morris
President, Vigor Unsung Heroes Awards International.
Dr Marlyn Morris (PhD; M.Sc (Econ,) ; LLB (Hons); BA (Hons); Dip. Education, Certificate (Legislative Drafting); Certified Professional Coach (CPC); Teachers’ Certificate) is the Founder and Program Manager of Ontario College for Development Training and Team Leader and key Training Facilitator of Morris Training and Consultancy Services Toronto. Dr Marlyn Morris is a strategic, innovative and visionary leader, with strong organization and strategic relationship building skills; transformational change-agent with political acuity and robust record of success within the Strategic Policy, Planning and Stakeholder Relationship Management in The Public, Private and Not-For-Profit Sectors locally and as an international development consultant. She is a collaborative, systems-thinker and development planner with strong determination to lead the growth and development of an organization into success by facilitating change focused on strategic priorities and stakeholder dialogue. She is a Dynamic Corporate Leadership and Management Coach, Women, Parent and Youth empowerment coach and mentor, with special focus on parent coaching for raising conscious, resilient and successful children. A Legislative Reviewer and Legislative Drafter, Curriculum Developer, Educator, Certified Professional Coach and Trainer.
- Founder and Managing Director, Morris Training and Consultancy Services, Scarborough Ontario, and Morris & Associates, Castries, St Lucia W.I.
- Founder and Director of Programs, Ontario College for Development Training, Unit #209, 1085 Bellamy Road North Scarborough, Ontario, ON M1H 3C7, email:[email protected]; www.ontariocollegetraining.org
- Co-Founder & Director of Programs, Inspiring Life Solutions, Unit #209, 1085 Bellamy Road North, Scarborough, Ontario, ON M1H 3C7 Tel:- 647-869-9400/647-782-7369/6477058888.
- Founder of Dr Marlyn Morris-Transformation Coaching Agency-Train the Trainer Coaching Service-http//.www.drmarlynmorris.com
Voluntary Work – Women and Youth Development and Engagement Services
- Since January 2019-President -African Women in Leadership Organization (AWLO)-CANADA-An African Heritage Diaspora Organization dedicated to advancing the development of women in leadership positions’
- Since 2017, selected to serve as one of the 34 women of The UNITED NATIONS-WOMEN for the CARIBBEAN -CARICOM REGION, designated as a pool of Expert Trainers and Researchers in the Prevalence of Domestic Violence against Women and Girls. Dr Morris has been using this platform in providing training and coaching of women in leadership development and promoting gender parity for the sustainable development of families through her voluntary work with women’ organizations in Canada and overseas.
- Gender mainstreaming in development. Coaching and Training areas of focus; –
- Women Leadership Development Strategies
- Women in Economic and Social Development
- Women Empowerment Coaching
- Empowerment Strategies for Women Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Empowerment Strategies for Women facing Domestic Violence, ( real and potential.)
- Training -the-Trainer Women Empowerment Coach Training
- 2017- Volunteer Program Developer-Established the Women of Purpose Group in St Kitts and |Nevis, W.I. For Women Empowerment and Leadership Development.
- 2016-2017- Higher Education Commissioner of Ontario National Alliance of Black School Educators (ONABSE), ON, Canada., www.onabse.org
- Since 2017 -Governance Commissioner, Ontario National Alliance of Black School Educators (ONABSE), ON, Canada., www.onabse.org
- Since 2017-Member of the Board of Directors of the Immigrant Women in Business (IWB) of Toronto. www.immigrantwomeninbusiness.com, An Organization dedicated to helping Immigrant Women in Business to succeed through training, and networking to develop meaningful business and personal partnerships.
- Since 2017-Coaching-social and emotional learning for children and youth resiliency -Youth Empowerment Coaching.
- Since 2017-Parent Coaching for raising resilient children and youth.
- Since 2017-Established the Women of Purpose Group in St Kitts and Nevis W.I. A women empowerment group for ensuring the development of women on the islands. Continuing the work with them as the Program Development Advisor.
- Since 2017-Volunteer Advisor -Women of Esteem-Antigua W.I.-A group dedicated to empowering Women and Girls to live sustainable lives This group advocates for policies and strategies to reduce domestic violence and promote the rights of the Girl Child.
- Since 2017– Voluntary Program Coordinator, for the Centre for Restoration and Empowerment for Social Transformation (R.E.S.T-Brampton)- a Charity promoting youth enterprise development, sustainable living, and restoration of homeless youth of Toronto, with special focus on those transitioning out of care
- Since 2016, Volunteer Team member to establish the Seniors Empowerment Assistance Centre (SEAC) of Brampton.
- 2014-2016- Vice President and Strategic Planning Advisor of the Black Business and Professional Organization (BBPA) of Toronto.
- 2014-2016 -Voluntary Program Developer of the Centre of Excellence and the Youth Entrepreneurial Development Training Program of the Black Business and Professional Organization (BBPA) of Toronto, www.bbpa.org
- Since 2013-Volunteer Program Manager for e-Camp mentoring Agency, OSHAWA-youth Mentorship Program Development-On site and online- www.e-campmentoring.com
- 2007-2012-Voluntary Program Coordinator-St Lucia Crisis Centre for Abused Women-St Lucia West Indies
- 2012-2014-Mentor for the Emerging Women Leaders of the World Training Program-St Francis Xavier University, New Brunswick Canada.
- Since 2011-Chairman Emeritus of the NGO, Caribbean Council for Economic Development (CCFED) ; http://www.ccfed.net.. This is s USA registered Not for Profit Organization dedicated to the advancement of private sector entrepreneurial development, regionally, nationally and among the Diaspora communities of peoples of Caribbean origin.
- 2014-2016-Voluntary Grant Writer -successfully wrote for various agencies in Toronto. E.g.-The Black Business and Professional Association of Toronto. New Life Ministries of Oshawa.
- Since 2013 Voluntary Program Manager/Advisor-E-CAMP Mentorship-Youth mentorship program-Toronto.
- 2016-Developed and implemented the Youth Entrepreneurship Training program for the Black Business and Professional Association of Toronto.
- Since 2016, Voluntary Program Coordinator, (Brampton) Restoration and Empowerment for Social Transition or (R.E.S.T.) Center primarily engaged in interventions aimed at promoting transition to housing programs that provide diverse, multi-faceted supports for youth leaving the care system in its preventive efforts to end homelessness. Support programs include affordable housing, mentorship, counselling, education, life skills and employment training opportunities.
- 2018- Volunteer Developer Program -Youth Mentorship and Black Youth Identity and Leadership Development Training Program, United Achievers of Peel Region.
- 2015-Governance Commissioner of the Ontario National Association of Black School Educators (ONABSE)-NGO-. onabse.org -An agency of volunteers promoting educational research, development and advocacy for black teachers’ and students’ education development and change.
- 2007-2012-Social and Emotional Learning for Children and Youth-Mental preparedness for academic, career and life successes. St Lucia-W.I
- Volunteer Program Manager of e-Camp mentoring, Oshawa, Canada,-Youth Mentoring
Achievements and Recognition: –
- World Bank Scholarship to pursue a PhD in Strategic Planning and Development a University College University of London, UK
- UNDP scholarship to pursue studies leading to the M. Sc in Urban Development Planning at the University College, University of London, UK.
- Overseas Student Achievement Award from the Vice Chancellors and Principals of the universities of the UK For Excellence in Research.
- An awardee- Canada’ Top 100 Black Women to watch in 2016, Identified as a pioneer and catalyst. www.cibwe.ca.
- International Women Achievers Award for 2017-(Women in Business Award), www.iwaawards.net
- Women over Forty Achievement Award-2016-Volunteer Award.
- International Vigor Awards (International Volunteer) 2018, Canada
- Chairman Emeritus, of the Not-For-Profit Diaspora Organization -The Caribbean Council for Economic Development, www.ccfed.net